Monday, November 06, 2006

Day 297 : Internet break downs production

5 days without internet isn't a good thing. You don't realize how much you need the damn network until it mysteriously disappears into the void. Well it's back now thank goodness, so I'll be able to look up all the things I couldn't these last few days.

I'm doing a lot of "final" prod things on Exequor. Final modeling, animations and levels. So far looking good. Textures will need some work, but that will come later. Of course, every final production step taken reveals failings in my almighty Shmoulette engine. So I fix those and strengthen it up.

Next big obstacle : collisions. I thought that standard bounding box collisions would be enough for this game. And it is for about 80% of the models. But something like sliding doors are more tricky. I now have to decide how deep I want to go in this. I don't want to get bogged down in some high-tech physics engine just to get slightly more precise collisions.

We'll see. We'll see. I hate to throw in a release date out of the blue, but I would say next fall appears reasonable. With an alpha going into QA near the end of June, during my bi-annual 3 weeks vacation. I have another 3 weeks vacation coming this Christmas, hopefully I will get a lot of things done then.

The scale is so much smaller than The Archangel Chapter, that I have hopes it'll get done soon. Stay tuned! Cheers!

No comments: